The National Association of Realtors recently released a study titled ‘Social Benefits of Homeownership and Stable Housing.’ The study confirmed a long-standing belief of most Americans:
“Owning a home embodies the promise of individual autonomy and is the aspiration of most American households. Homeownership allows households to accumulate wealth and social status, and is the basis for a number of positive social, economic, family and civic outcomes.”
Today, we want to cover the section of the report that quoted several studies concentrating on the impact homeownership has on educational achievement. Here are some of the major findings on this issue revealed in the report:
- The decision to stay in school by teenage students is higher for those raised by home-owning parents compared to those in renter households.
- Parental homeownership in low-income neighborhoods has a positive impact on high school graduation.
- Though homeownership raises educational outcomes for children, neighborhood stability may have further enhanced the positive outcome.
- Children of homeowners tend to have higher levels of achievement in math and reading and fewer behavioral problems.
- Educational opportunities are more prevalent in neighborhoods with high rates of homeownership and community involvement.
- The average child of homeowners is significantly more likely to achieve a higher level of education and, thereby, a higher level of earnings.
People often talk about the financial benefits of homeownership. As we can see, there are also social benefits of owning your own home.
YOU CAN BUY A HOME, CALL US AND TAKE THE RIGHT STEPS.
Even if another Bank or Lender has said “NO,” we will work with you until we can say “YES.” If you have already started in our Qualification Coaching Program, call us, so we can check your progress!
The KEYS to your new home are within reach! Call us 1st to AVOID mortgage problems, Call us 2nd to SOLVE them!
J. SCOTT HARRIS | DIVISION VICE PRESIDENT & BRANCH MANAGER
NMLS ID# 375517 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)
(M) 214.435.8825 | (F) 866.343.3688
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.goldfinancial.com | Pre-Qualify Now
885 E Collins Blvd Ste 110
Richardson, TX 75081
My Branch Closes FHA / VA & USDA Loans at 580+ in Texas, Oklahoma & Louisiana
Gold Financial Services is a Division of Amcap Mortgage, Ltd. NMLS #129122. Equal Housing Lender
J. Scott Harris is a Nationally Recognized Mortgage & Social Media Authority.